- Industrial Power
- Land Availability
- Quality of Life
- Single Window System
- Skilled Manpower
- State Policies
- Strategic Location
- Labour Reforms
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
The corridor of opportunity
Rajasthan touches six major states of the northern, western and central India. The state is a natural corridor between the wealthy northern and the prosperous western states of the country, which makes it an important trade and commerce centre.
Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) is a 1,483 km long rail corridor connecting Jawaharlal Nehru Port near Mumbai to Dadri near Delhi. DFC will allow high-speed connectivity for high axle load wagons (25 tonnes) of double stacked container trains supported by high power locomotives. A band of 150 km has been chosen on both sides of the DFC to be developed as the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor.
DMIC in Rajasthan
With nearly 39% of DFC passing through Rajasthan, opportunities for industrial establishment along the route are eminent as the corridor will make Rajasthan easily accessible to western and northern markets. About 60% of the State's area (in 22 districts including major districts such as Jaipur, Alwar, Kota and Bhilwara) falls within the project influence area. With this, the State will become an attractive destination for setting up industrial and support infrastructure units.
In Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana region, an integrated industrial township is being developed and on similar concept, a township along with other support infrastructure and projects is being planned in Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar area under DMIC in the first phase.
Development plans under DMIC
- Greenfield integrated township within the investment region of Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana to be developed as a model future city spread over 165 sq. km. (approx.) housing a world class knowledge city with support infrastructure and residential, commercial, industrial zones and institutional zones. Master plan has been notified.
- Great connectivity with road, air & rail networks.
- Sufficient availability of power, gas, etc.
- Greenfield airport/aerotropolis with a world-class integrated logistics warehousing hub.
- Central Spine, a road corridor to connect the Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behror urban complex in Neemrana and Bhiwadi-Tapukara industrial complex.
- Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar node to be developed as the second node under DMIC project. The region is expected to have a civil airport, an integrated multi-modal logistics hub and mass rapid transit system (MRTS) with a well connected road network.
DMIC will do away with the limitation of Rajasthan being a land-locked state and will generate unprecedented developmental opportunities.