Rajasthan ranks #6 in India on World Bank’s ‘Ease of Doing Business’ index according to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion's (DIPP) report on "Assessment of State Implementation of Business Reforms".
Rajasthan’s Rank Area-wise:
Setting up a
Allotment of Land
Complying with Environment
Jaipur has been ranked as 2nd most emerging cities for investment in India View Survey
Various initiatives have been taken by the Government of Rajasthan for implementing ‘Ease of Doing Business’ and many are on-going.
- Rajasthan has made issuing of Entrepreneur Memorandum I (EM-I) and Entrepreneur Memorandum II (EM-II) completely online. The state has approved 12646 EM-I and 3339 EM-II online till date.
- Through Single Window System, a unique ID is generated for each applicant. This ID is available to multiple departments. It allows tracking of application status by the investor, Single Window Agency and the respective departments.
Rajasthan Pollution Control Board
- For 88 categories of industries that are Green industries, the acknowledgement (of the receipt) of consent application (along with fee) serves the purpose of Consent.
- Portal for submission of application, registration, renewal and issuing of certificates online. This portal of RPCB allows for uploading of supporting documents required while applying for CTE/CTO.
- The certificates issued by RPCB are verifiable through a QR code. An individual can scan the QR code via phone as well and verify the details of the certificate such as name of the company and validity of the certificate.
- Labour Department Management System (LDMS) allows filing of applications, registrations, licenses, renewals, payments and filing of returns under 12 major labour legislations.
- Prior approval from higher authorities is required for inspection by labour inspectors and any establishment can be inspected only once a year
- Notified key amendments in Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970 and the Apprentices Act, 1961
Factories and Boilers Department
- Rajasthan Factories and Boilers Module (RAJFAB) has made the registration, renewal and submission of documents for compliance to Chief Inspector of Boilers completely online.
- With respect to installation and repair of boilers, no prior permission is required and the investor has been given the choice in selecting the competent person to certify the boilers. Further annual renewal has been dispensed with.
- Territorial jurisdiction of Deputy Chief Inspectors has been increased resulting in decentralization of powers under Factories Act, 1948. Further, self-certification scheme in lieu of inspection under the act has been implemented completely thereby ending ‘Inspector Raj’
Department of Information Technology and Communication
- e-Mitra is an ambitious e-governance initiative of Government of Rajasthan which has been implemented in all the districts of the state using Public Private Partnership (PPP) model for convenience and transparency to citizens in availing various services with respect to application and payment of the Government and Private Sectors under a single roof at their door step using e-platform.
- At present there are more than 12,826 operational e-Mitra kiosks in the urban areas and more than 20,362 operational Common Service Centers in rural areas.
- e-GRAS is an online Government Receipt And Accounting System which facilitates collection of tax/non tax revenue online
- E-stamping facility is now available
- Sample Model Contract and Sale deed are available online
Commercial Taxes Department
- All processes related to registrations, assessment, filing of taxes and refunds are online
- Single ID for state commercial taxes
- State also facilitates online refund
- Professional tax has been repealed in the State
- There are no static check post and mobile squads in the states
Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- Application for electricity connection can also be made online through Single Window System
Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited (RIICO)
- No construction permit/building plan approval is required in RIICO industrial areas for plot size up to 40,000 sq. m. and deemed approval for plot sizes greater than 40,000 sq. m. in two weeks
- RIICO does not seek any certificate for no tax dues, notarized affidavit for not staking building material on public land, NoC from Traffic and coordination department and NoC from Storm water and Drainage Department.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) for new RIICO areas which are ready for allotment has been developed.
- Land records are digitized and an investor can extract copy of land records along with details of mutation from Apnakhata
- E-cause list in District courts are available online